The Potions Master
The Potions Master
The Potions Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Potions Master

Severus Snape Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xMrsSnape

xMrsSnape

BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think Empty
PostSubject: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Was he good? Was he bad?

I KNEW he was good, maybe because i wouldn't accept that he was bad. Lol, no but when Dumbledore was like,
severus PLEASE.. my brain was like CLICK! Please-kill me.. i kinda figured it out, but i won't lie. I was afraid at times,
while reading HP 7.. but thank God he was just as i thought - awesome
Back to top Go down
~Lilith~
Headmistress
~Lilith~

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 pm

I believed he was good, I was telling everyone around, that there HAD TO be more to Dumbledore's death that we knew. I refused to believe that he was evil. I was happu to know that I was right, and it gave me a great pleasure to be able to say to people :I told you so" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://renegades.uuuq.com
xMrsSnape

xMrsSnape

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 pm

Lol i know right. i was like, BAM! IN YOUR FACE!!!! I TOOOLD YOU SO!
Back to top Go down
SnapesRose

SnapesRose

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:15 am

I knew he was good from book 2 on, I used to get into debates so badly with others, especially after HBP.. man... LOL
Back to top Go down
JAlanaE

JAlanaE

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 am

Well in the first few minutes after finishing the 6th book I was totaly shocked, but then I developed my theory and sent it to my HP-friends to get their opinion. Here is the original (I only have to translate it for you, because I wrote it in German then):

___

I believe that Severus Snape is on the good side, although he killed Dumbledore! My theory is that Dumbledore ordered him to kill him in a case like this. I've got several reasons for that:

1. Like this he can keep and ensure his post as a spy (although this task will be different now, because also the Order thinks that Snape is on Voldemort's side now).

2. Snape would probably have died otherwise because of the Unbreakable Vow => "'And, should it prove necessary ... if it seems Draco will fail ...' whisperes Narcissa (Snape's hand twitched within hers, but he did not draw away), 'will you carry out the deed that the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?' There was a moment's silence. Bellatrix watched, her wand upon their clasped hands, her eyes wide. 'I will,' said Snape." It's also noticable that Snape hesitates at that point. But Dumbledore thinks Snape is very, very important for the good side.

3. If Snape hadn't killed Dumbledore, probably somebody else would have done it.

4. In the scene just before Snape kills him Dumbledore pleads, "… please … Severus..“. Of course one thinks at first that he pleads that Snape won't kill him, but I think he pleads to be killed, because before Snape just looks at Dumbledore shortly whithout doing anything and Dumbledore fears that Snape might act against their plan.

5. Hagrid heard Dumbledore and Snape talking => "'Well - I jus' heard Snape sayin' Dumbledore took too much fer granted an' maybe he - Snape - didn' wan' ter do it any more -'" I think it unlikely that this is about something like spying on Draco or about his usual tasks. I don't think he would consider refusing in a case like that. If you say he's on the good side, Snape would accept all normal orders from Dumbledore, and if you say he's on the dark side, he would rather pretend that the task "unfortunately didn't work" instead of telling Dumbledore he doesn't want to do it. I think this conversation is just about the situation that Snape is supposed to kill Dumbledore.

6. When Snape has seemingly revealed himself as loyal to Voldemort, he prevents the other Death Eaters from jinxing Harry in any way and he doesn't do anything against Harry except for blocking Harry's attacks. Sure, he explains it with this => "Harry belongs to the Dark Lord - we are to leave him!", but I think it's suspiciously exaggerated.

7. In the earlier books Snape didn't only have opportunities to kill Harry (which would of course have lost him Dumbledore's trust), but there were also moments when he could just not have saved him, which would have been unsuspicous.

8. Snape is very, very sensitive when called "coward" => "'DON'T -' sreamed Snape, and his face was suddenly demented, inhuman, as though he was in as much pain as the yelping, howling dog stuck in the burning house behind them, '- CALL ME COWARD!'". For me this only makes sense if Snape is really the complete contrary of a coward and has accepted the dangers of being Dumbledore's spy. And what is more important - if he has just done something that was dreadfully hard for him, which is killing Dumbledore!

9. I don't think Dumbledore could have been so mistaken - BECAUSE there's so much against Snape! Moreover there's the moment when Harry asks Dumbledore again how he can be sure that Snape is on the good side => "Dumbledore did not speak for a moment; he looked as though he was trying to make up his mind about something. At last he said, 'I am sure. I trust Severus Snape completely.'" I think that at this moment Dumbledore considers telling Harry something. I think this information is either a very good reason why to trust Snape or he makes up his mind whether to tell Harry about the "Snape kills Dumbledore"-plan, which he does not (reasonably), because Harry surely would have tried to prevent this.*

10. I think Snape is one of the very best and most interesting characters made up my J.K. Rowling. But only if he's on the good side!

11. Unexpected turning points suit J.K. Rowling well!!

*Maybe I could also imagine something else that Dumbledore decides not to tell Harry. I've got this idea from the internet, but I could imagine it, too. Maybe Snape loved Lily Potter. This would have been THE reason why he changed sides so suddenly. Dumbledore told Harry that Snape didn't know who Voldemort would try to catch if he told him about the prophecy. He also says that Snape never regretted anything as much as when he found out that Voldemort had killed the Potters. But why should he regret it only if Voldemort kills the Potters and not if it's any other family? Definitely not because of James, so that only leaves Lily. And normally a Mudblood wouldn't mean anything to him, except if he's in love with her!"

___

Yeah, that was my theory from then. Of course I didn't guess that Dumbledore would have died anyway because of the curse. But before reading Deathly Hallows I had hoped that there would be a very cool scene in which Snape saves the trio and then explains everything to them, so that they can complete the Chosen One's task together ot something like this....
Back to top Go down
SnapesRose

SnapesRose

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:19 am

I was at 1st hurt that Snape had to do said deed, figuring since its a magic world there should have would have been another way out, but it wasn't.

Yes, the stacks were against him, right from teh start, JK didn't give Snape an easy life, not one moment, even took the only one away from him that he ever truly loved, though I think we've established already that she never returned his feelings.
Anyways, towards the end of book 2, I looked beyond the iron exterior, and thus finding out that he indeed has feelings.

I knew that he was good, simply too because all the other AK deaths, the victims had a look of shock, disbelieve or horror, Dumbledores face was peaceful, that told me volumes!!!!

Severus Snape forever!
Back to top Go down
JAlanaE

JAlanaE

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm

@SnapesRose: But JKR said that Lily might have developed romantic feelings for Snape if he hadn't been so attracted by the Dark Arts.
Back to top Go down
SnapesRose

SnapesRose

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm

>Might have< .. yeah.. oh I know, I read that too, and it infuriated me, simply because in order for Lily to -might have- develop romantic feelings for Snape he would have to have change himself. Its like telling someone who loves gardening, Sorry but I can't stand the dirt, so if you want me, you have to give that up. Humm....
I just came out of a 7yr long friendship, at the end the gf wanted me to change, change and more change, well certain changes went against my nature, needless to say I kept on slipping up, and I was getting tired of the YoYo friendship. The break-up was mutual, but what happened afterwards, her slamming me on the net, that was uncalled for.
Anyways....
Plus the dark arts themselves have helped Snape too. Knowing about it, studying it, he didn't just know curses, but also the anti-curse, others didn't.
Lily didn't have an open min, she saw and heard what she did and wanted. The gang themselves used dark arts when they were going around hexing people. Anything that is a Hex, curse is a dark spell. So, that argument falls away.
Potter ended up getting Lily because he changed, he changed enough for her to see, around her, behind her back he was still the sick bastard.
But Severus, stayed true to whom he was, though he missed out on his love. However, later on, lets say things would have worked out, would those 2 really be happy??
Him being possessive, and jealous, and she being a Butterfly essentially.
Him having Dark arts as a hobby, what would she have??
No, unless its mutual, unless they could have shared somethings, I don't see it.

Severus Snape Forever!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think   BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think Empty

Back to top Go down

BE HONEST; after HP 6; what did you think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Potions Master :: Severus Snape :: Potions Master-
Jump to: